Were You Accused Of A Theft-Related Crime?
When you’re accused of a crime, it pays to have a skilled legal professional on your side — someone who knows his or her way around the courtroom and is passionate about protecting your rights.
Look no farther than Mariani Reck Lane LLC. From our office in New London, we provide keen criminal defense representation to clients throughout the surrounding areas of Connecticut. Our lawyers work as a team, giving you the benefit of decades of experience.
- Armed robbery: In Connecticut, committing robbery while armed with a deadly weapon is a serious felony that comes with a mandatory minimum sentence of five years in prison — even for a first offense.
- Burglary: Breaking and entering someone else’s house or building with the intent to commit a crime is a felony. If a weapon was involved, the penalties increase.
- Carjacking: Because vehicles are typically worth a significant amount of money, auto theft is considered a serious offense. Even if you simply went joy-riding and later returned the car, you could face penalties.
- Shoplifting or larceny: Shoplifting is one of the most common types of theft crimes, but it can permanently tarnish your record and reputation, making it much harder to get a job or rent an apartment.
- Embezzlement or breach of fiduciary duty: Our experience with business law and estate law gives us unique insight into criminal and civil cases involving financial mismanagement or breach of fiduciary duty. If you are an estate administrator, a business executive or another professional accused of misappropriating funds, we can help.